Frequently Asked Questions
- I Don’t Have Any Questions – Sign Me Up Now!
- How Does This Work?
- What Countries Are You Building In?
- Does It Include The Land?
- How Big Is The Land?
- Where Is The Land?
- Do You Have Anything Closer To Conakry?
- What If I Already Have My Own Land?
- How Much Do The Houses Cost?
- Is There A Wall Between My House And The Neighboring Parcels?
- Does It Have Electricity?
- Does It Have Water?
- How Does The Financing Work?
- How Much Do I Need For A Deposit?
- How Much Are The Monthly Payments?
- Can I Purchase Without Paying Interest?
- How Do I Make Payments?
- How Long Will It Take To Build?
- When Will I Get The Keys?
- How Long Will It Take To Pay For The House?
- Can I Send Someone To See The Property?
- I Am Part Of A Group Of People Who Want To Build Homes Together. Can You Help?
- Do You Have Any Apartments?
- Do You Offer Rentals?
- Are You Looking For Partners Or Land?
- Are You Hiring?
- What Do I Need To Do To Get Started?
How Does This Work?
- Our goal is to make the process of home buying easer for the African diaspora. We give you a way to get quality construction, secure and responsible management of the money you invest, and – if you need it – financing so you can enjoy your new home soon and pay for it over several years.
- We build 5 different floor plans, and we have different versions of each plan with prices that vary based on options and upgrades. Choose from a US$32,000 2 bedroom row house to a US$250,000 two-story villa – or any of several options in between. Our most popular model right now is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home (the “Atlanta” model) that costs between US$53,000 (starter version) and US$70,000 (luxe version).
- Once you choose a floor plan, options package and payment plan that fits your budget and timeline, you can issue a proposal request. If you tell us 1) how much you have available now for a deposit, 2) how much you can afford as a monthly payment, and 3) when you want to have the keys to the new home, we can tell you how long you will need to make monthly payments for each of the homes that we build.
- Proposal requests cost $149 and include a credit check (the initial stage of a financing application). If you have provided all the required information, proposals can generally be provided within 3 business days, and are valid for 10 days from the date of issue. If you choose to purchase a home, the proposal fee is credited toward your purchase.
- If you are in agreement with the proposal terms, you make an initial deposit of $1000 within 10 days
What countries are you building in?
- We started in Guinea in 2014. We expect to expand to other countries in the West Africa region in 2017 and 2018. If you want to build a home in other countries in the region you can make a preliminary reservation for $199, which will be credited toward your initial deposit when we launch there. Sign up here and select the country where you want to build.
Does It Include The Land?
- Our prices include land (including verified title), materials, labor, oversight, and design. The only thing you need to supply is money.
How Big Is The Land?
- Most parcels are 500 Square Meters (20 m by 25 m). Some of the smaller homes have smaller parcels.
Where Is The Land?
- Most of our available parcels are in the Doumbouyah City development, in Coyah City.
We have a small number of parcels available at Gomboyah, near KM36.
Do You Have Anything Closer To Conakry?
- Not right now. Land prices closer to the center of the capital are often more than expensive than what we charge for a completed home (including the land).
What If I Already Have My Own Land?
- We do not offer financing terms for construction on land that we do now own. All construction projects on land not owned by us must be prepaid.
- We can build on your own land if it is near where we are currently building.
- Is there already electric and water service available at the land where you want to build? If not, your cost may be higher than building on our land.
How Much Do The Houses Cost?
- Prices of our current models range from US$32,000 to US$250,000 based on location, floor plan and options. We currently have five different floor plans, and three versions (Starter, Family, Luxe) of each plan.
Is There A Wall Between My House And The Neighboring Parcels?
- Some models include a concrete block wall. Most have a 1 M tall steel fence facing the road and are separated from neighboring parcels by a single row of concrete block.
Does It Have Electricity?
- All our finished homes come fully wired for electric service, and also come with hookup to electric service. Payment for electricity use after move-in is the responsibility of the home owner.
Does It Have Water?
- All of our finished homes have full plumbing for hot and cold water and are connected to water service. Our Doumbouyah City development has a privately operated water system. Payment for water use after move-in is the responsibility of the home owner.
How Does The Financing Work?
- To evaluate your eligibility for financing we will request information from you that allows us to check your credit score and understand your income, expenses, assets and liabilities. We may require additional documentation including bank statements, pay stubs, or other documents to help assess your financial position. If our assessment indicates that you will be able to support the monthly payment schedule required for the house you wish to purchase, you should normally receive notice of financing approval within 20 days of application.
How Much Do I Need For A Deposit?
- There is a minimum deposit of $1,000 (refundable) needed to request a purchase contract. To reserve a specific parcel and lock in a home price for up to 2 years you need to make a deposit of at least 10% of the home price. A minimum downpayment of 20% is required to move in (get the keys) to the house. The deposit may be paid in installments over as much as 24 months after the initial $1,000.
How Much Are The Monthly Payments?
- Monthly Payments are calculated based on the price of the house, the size of the deposit, and the term of the financing. Depending on your selection, monthly payments could be less than $300 or more than $2000. For example, if you purchase our Starter version Atlanta model at US$52,999 home with a 20% down payment and finance the remainder over 10 years, your monthly payment would be US$608. If you tell us your budget for monthly payments, and how much you have available for a deposit today, we can tell you how many months of pre-payment and financing payments it will take to have one of our houses.
Can I purchase without paying interest?
- Yes. There are three no-interest programs:
- Payment during the course of construction (generally 4-6 months)
- Prepaying most of the home over the course of 2-3 years prior to construction and then the rest over the next 24-30 months.
- Sharia-compliant financing (similar to our standard 10 year payment plan)
How Do I Make Payments?
- If you live in the US, you can make payments directly from your bank to our bank using our electronic invoice. Our electronic invoicing is managed by Bill.com. Three of the top ten U.S. banks and 35 percent of the top 100 accounting firms rely on Bill.com as their primary payments solution. You may also pay by check (must be mailed to our office with tracking number to verify delivery), through cash payment processors such as Ria and WalMart, or you may authorize us to pull payments from your account by ACH.
- If you live outside the US (but not in Guinea) you can make payments by wire transfer from your bank, or by using one of our payment partner services such as Transferwise, USForex, or Ria.
- If you live in Guinea or live in another country but prefer to make payments in Guinea, you can make payments directly to our office or to our bank account in Guinea. Payments in Guinea francs will be converted to US Dollars at the BCRG rate on the day the payment is received.
How Long Will It Take To Build?
- Construction takes 4-7 months based on the model and features you select. Occasionally we have already completed or nearly completed homes available for purchase that may be delivered in 1-3 months.
When Will I Get The Keys?
- You will get the keys to the house when all of the following conditions are met:
- Your deposit balance is at least 20% of the price of the home
- You have submitted all required financing application documents and have been approved for financing
- You have completed at least 3 monthly payments on schedule
- The house construction is complete and you have approved the inspection.
How Long Will It Take To Pay For The House?
- Our maximum payment period is 12 years. Many of our clients choose to reduce time and cost by paying faster than this. Once you have fully paid the balance on the home, you will receive the title (titre foncier).
Can I Send Someone To See The Property?
- Yes. Our office staff in Guinea is happy to take people to visit the construction site and model homes. Please call Mariam Sadio Diallo (sadio dot diallo at jobomax dot com; +224 628652711 / 657943381 / 620190608) or Youssouf Keita (+224 622 23 34 29).
I am part of a group of people who want to build homes together. Can you help?
- Yes. To provide a quote for you we need to know the following:
- How many people are in your cooperative?
- What is the average downpayment available?
- How much can each member can make as a monthly payment?
- Do you have a preferred construction site, or are you content to build in one of our developments?
Do you have any apartments?
- We have a townhouse model (The Columbus) but no apartments or flats.
Do you offer rentals?
- Yes. We offer weekly, monthly and annual rentals at both Gomboyah and Doumbouyah City. Rentals include all furnishings. If you pay your $1,000 initial purchase deposit within 30 days of completing your rental then 50% of the cost of your rental goes toward your downpayment.
Are you looking for partners or land?
- We maintain a list of land available for our next development. If you are interested in developing your land of 40 or more parcels, please email us the details (info at jobomax dot com) Please include the location (GPS coordinates or a link on Google maps), description (how many lots are available, is there water and electricity available, is the land cleared and/or fenced) and a copy of the survey.
Are you hiring?
- Feel free to fill out our preliminary applicant screening form here. Because of the volume of resumes received, we cannot acknowledge receipt. We will contact you if a position opens up that matches your abilities and experience.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started?
- All you need is $149 to get your proposal and credit check, and then a $1,000 refundable deposit to get a full purchase contract draft. After that, the amount required depends on the house you choose and your monthly payment target. You can sign up to request a proposal here.